Saturday, March 14, 2009

What I have learned this week....


What have I learned this week......

I learned that I am very last minute when it comes to teaching and I do my best lessons when they are spur of the moment. I learned that many things happen when you least expect them too. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad, sometimes its just annoying :) I learned that lately I have loved being on my own, and doing things alone. I learned that pretty much 80 percent of the koreans on the subway are watching TV on their cellphones. I learned to buy the right amount of wall paper before I start putting it up. I learned that I get very defensive when people try and critique my lessons when they didnt see the entire thing. I learned how to take the bus to school in the morning. I learned that my new LG phone friend's name is CJ. I learned that my "taxi korean" is better than ever!! (this means speaking korean to a taxi driver by the way.) I learned that when I dont have money is when i need to spend it the most.

Oh the pic above is from a store I went into on friday night. They are cupcakes for "white day" now white day is the second of the valentine day holidays. Valentines day the girl gives something to the guy. White day the guy gives somethign to the girl. So let me tell ya there were LOTS of women walking around with big teddys bears and flowers and candy and chocolate on saturday. Yikes!!! Koreans are in LOVE with LOVE!! Im surprised they didnt bust our their couple tee's too.

Yesteday was the big st paddys day celebrations here in Seoul. basically every foreinger went to Hyewa drank in public places and cleared all convienence stores out of beer. It was a spectical indeed. Than every single one of those drunken fools piled into two different bars in Seoul. It was mayham. but i did have a killer outfit!! and thats always a plus.

Next weekend me and some girls are apparently going down south to this "fighter pilot" party. Bunch of hawt fighter pilots, long train ride, crazy antics.. YEAH i think i'll go :)

I seriously can not believe that Ive only been here for 2 weeks. It feels like I honestly never left. There are so many things I want to do. Today I am going to Insadong to check out the sights. have a little walk around Seoul with a friend I think.. it seems like its sunny so it should be good.

Talk to ya later :)

1 comment:

  1. i would like to go to this fighter pilot party! good times!

    ReplyDelete